With detailed reviews from 9,439 customer reviews, WeLookUp has chosen 5 popular products to review for the best laptops for programming. We are going to take a good look at each of them to determine what exactly it is that makes them the best in this price range. Let’s take to learn the top models loved by consumers: HP, ACER, MAC.
Top 5 the best laptops for programming reviews
With plenty of laptops for programming on the market, many people find it, changeling, to decide which one to select. Fortunately, today you have clicked the right page. We’ve compiled a list of the best laptops for programming that include form factor, processor support, onboard features, brand reputation, customer reviews and ratings, price, expansion slots and ports, and SATA support. Following is our roundup of the best laptops for programming:
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac More detail…
- Thin, light & portable: weighs only 2.86 pounds (or less with integrated graphics) and measures 11.26” wide x 8.31” deep x .59” high
- Powerful performance: 8th Gen Intel Core i5 8265U Processor boosts performance up to 40% over its predecessor.
- Fullview touch Display: feels larger than 13” – thin Bezel at only 4.4mm, 88% screen-to-body ratio, 2K (2160×1440) touchscreen, 200ppi, 1000: 1 contrast ratio More detail…
- Equipped with 100% Adobe RGB, 94% DCI-P3 color gamut, VESA DisplayHDR 400, and Dolby Vision, this display delivers more than 16 million ultra-vivid colors that are 40 times brighter than ever before.
- Smallest 15.6-inch performance laptop with a new 4-sided InfinityEdge display.
- Quad speaker design with Waves Nx audio More detail…
- The all-new XPS 13 laptop is meticulously constructed with machined aluminum and a carbon fiber palm rest, and features a stunning 16:10 4-sided InfinityEdge display.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 is tough, damage resistant, durable, elegant and allows for no flex in its display.
- The power button lets you log on with just a touch More detail…
- Fast processor: 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor (1.3 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB L3 cache, 4 cores);
- 13.3″ diagonal 4K IPS BrightView micro-edge WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass.
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2×2) and Bluetooth 5 Combo (Supporting Gigabit file transfer speeds) More detail…
Choosing the right laptop for programming can be a very tough process. It’s quite easy for you to get confused while researching the various options. You will not know which is the best laptop for programming to choose from. There are so many different laptop models out there on the market, each with a different set of trade-offs, pros, and cons.
You can write code on most laptops. However, your productivity will improve significantly if you use a machine that is suited to the type of tasks that you perform, here we’re talking about programming.
There are different types of development, and various tools are required with each coding specialization. So, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to buying a development machine. Still, confused? Luckily, we are here to help you choose the best laptops for programming or coding / best laptops for coding.
Choosing the good best laptops for programming people is not easy! A best laptop for programming should meet the following criteria:
Processing Power (CPU):
Your laptop’s CPU has a huge influence on performance so you can’t skimp on this one. There are many different types of processors with different specifications. Make sure to consider these specs. Some of the most important are the cache size, the number of cores, frequency, and thermal design power.
In general, a nice Intel core i5 or i7 processor with a frequency of 3GHz or more should suffice for most people.
We don’t think any serious programming can be done on a laptop with less than 4GB of RAM. My smallest RAM recommendation is 8GB. Even that is becoming barely enough with the advent of Electron apps, which love to consume large amounts of RAM. For instance: the Huawei Matebook 13 or the HP Envy 13. If you have extra cash lying around, invest in some 16GB of RAM laptops such as the Dell XPS 13 9300, the Apple MacBook Pro 16’’, or the ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo, which is great for web development and web design.
Getting an SSD (Solid State Drive) should be near the top of your priorities. This will give you significant performance improvements over a standard hard drive. Every operation will be a lot faster with an SSD: including booting up the OS, compiling code, launching apps, and loading projects.
A 256GB SSD should be the baseline. If you have more money, a 512GB or 1TB SSD may be better. If cost is a factor for you, opt for a smaller size SSD, where your Operating System will live alongside your apps and frequently accessed documents. Your remaining stuff, such as music or videos, can rest in a larger external hard drive. Don’t worry, when buying a laptop or a PC, you are free to ask and choose your desired size of the SSD.
1. Is CPU or RAM more important for programming?
The CPU. The faster a processor is able to do the programming tasks, the faster your computer will be. This is because it takes the processor to load and retrieve information from RAM. In reality, you could have unlimited RAM, but if your processor can only handle a certain workload, you’ll notice no speed difference. However, RAM is also an important factor that decides the speed of your coding.
2. How much RAM do I need for coding?
Aim for 8GB of RAM. Often, 8GB of RAM is enough for most programming and development needs. However, game developers or programmers who also work with graphics may need RAM around 12GB. 16GB is max RAM at the moment and only heavy graphics designers and video editors need that much.
It’s clear that the Lenovo ThinkPad P1 and Dell XPS 15 are the real winners among the best laptops for programming. It is a wonderful choice for all programmers for its amazing performance, portability & good value for money.
If you are a fan of Apple, you can try out the MacBook Pro 16’’, which is the best laptop for programming that comes from the giant Apple.
You are both interested in gaming and coding, then the Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition is perfect for you with all of the high-end specs.
If you are a student with a love of coding, or you are a programmer or coder who wants to save a little money, then you should go for the Huawei Matebook 13 or the HP Envy 13.
Well, that’s all pieces of advice that we could give you right now. We hope this guide could give you enough information so that you could easily choose for yourself the best laptop for programming!