With detailed reviews from 10,001 customer reviews, WeLookUp has chosen 5 popular products to review for the best desktop computers for video editing. We are going to take a good look at each of them to determine what exactly it is that makes them the best in this price range. Let’s take to learn the top brands loved by consumers: DELL, ACER, HP.
Top 5 the best desktop computers for video editing reviews
When it comes to desktop computers for video editing, we have a variety of options. We’ve compiled a list of the best desktop computer that feature high value, good quality parts, and amazing support. Following is our roundup of the best desktop computers for video editing:
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500 Processor (6 Cores, 6 Threads, 16MB Cache, 3.4GHz Base Frequency up to 4.1GHz Max Turbo Frequency) for elite gaming and content creation with 7nm leading edge technology and no limitations
- The RAM of HP Pavilion Ryzen Gaming PC has been upgraded to 32GB DDR4 SDRAM for enhanced high bandwidth to boost multitasking and mainstream PC gaming;
- This tower gaming computer is powered by NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER with 4GB GDDR6 dedicated graphics memory, with NVIDIA Turing architecture More detail…
- The Stratos Micro packs all the features of an ATX system in a mATX size. With a smaller foot print, the CUK Stratos Micro will give you back more desk space without sacrificing style and maximum PC performance.
- Processor: Intel Core i7-10700KF Eight Core Processor (16MB Cache, 3.8GHz-5.1GHz) 125W
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Super 4GB GDDR6 | Motherboard: B460M More detail…
- Intel Core i7-8700K with TURBO BOOST to 4.70GHz (EXTREME-power processor)
- Lenovo Yoga A940 is a high-performance Desktop All-In-One PC featuring a 27″ tilting 4K display with pen support, a content creation dial, and other innovative solutions, it’s engineered to provide the ultimate workspace for your creativity. Tilt the Yoga’s display to 28° with a rotating hinge that provides stability for drawing and writing with a digital pen.
- The Yoga offers a premium 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8700k processor with SIX-CORES at TURBO BOOST of 4.70GHz for intelligent, ultra-fast performance. More detail…
- Our most powerful Surface yet with Intel Core i7 processors, discrete NVIDIA GeForce GPU, and SSD storage
- The strikingly large 28″ PixelSense Display is a stunning touchscreen with 13.5 million pixels of true-to-life color
- Tilt the display weightlessly to work at 20 degrees down in Studio Mode or upright in Desktop Mode More detail…
- An optimized airflow path uses side vents to draw cool air across graphics cards and CPU, while a separate airflow path cools the power supply unit. Rigorous, proprietary testing ensures that all system components are kept cool, even under the most intensive loads
- The latest 8th Gen Intel Core i7 6-core processor and high-performance graphics mean you get speed and power for video edits, video playback and gaming. More cores means increased performance while running multiple applications, making multitasking a breeze. More detail…
Currently, social networking can be said to be developing very fast and being used by many people. This is the place where everyone can share pictures and videos for everyone to see. Many people already know how to take advantage of it to create high-quality service videos for advertising or sharing personal interests. Therefore, the need to own desktop computers powerful enough to edit video is currently very high and is more interested than ever.
Anyhow, let’s get into what to look for when buying the best desktop computers for video editing:
The CPU is the foundation of an editing PC. The processor’s core count and speed determine how quickly you can accomplish editing tasks. If your editing PC doesn’t have a powerful processor, it’s going to be slow, regardless of anything else. Modern editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, and Final Cut Pro will take advantage of many CPU cores and hyperthreading, so investing in a good CPU is crucial when building an editing PC. (If you’re using DaVinci Resolve, the CPU is still important, but comes secondarily to the graphics card.)
For editing software like Adobe Premiere, After Effect, Davinci Resolve, Sony Vegas, … it will not consume too much GPU vRAM so when choosing a graphics card you can ignore this problem. but should choose a graphics card model with a very strong GPU core. The current RTX 2060 Supper and RTX 2070 Supper are arguably the best performance graphics cards for the price.
If your needs are higher than to use professional camcorders such as Blackmagic, RED, Arri ALEXA, Canon C300, Sony FS7, … then the mid-range Core I processors are no longer available more powerful, but now will be the ground for Core-X processors like i9 9900X, i9 9980XE or AMD’s Threadripper line like Threadripper 2950X, 2970WX, 2990WX. For Adobe Premiere, you should use Intel CPU, while for Davinci Resolve, you should use AMD CPU.
For 2K-4K videos, the more RAM, the better, at least 32GB Ram because in the editing process you will use a lot of multitasking such as surfing the web, editing photos for videos … Bus Ram as high as possible should use Bus 3000HZ or higher for the ability to exchange data between components in the PC is stable.
SSD vs HDD:
The Hard Disk Drive is the slowest of these three options. Sequential Read speeds are usually around 150Mbyte/s. Random Read and Write is a lot slower.
Hard Drives have great Cost/GByte but rank at last place in speed.
Hard Drives are great for Archiving and Backing up large Data, that doesn’t have to be accessed all the time, but I would not recommend using an HDD as an active-work storage-device for your Footage.
Basically, the SSD combo to install the operating system and applications while the HDD to save the file still applies well to the video editing system. However, you should still consider using a large capacity SSD to store the videos you are working on (disk cache). Loading video into RAM for processing or outputting the final video back to the hard drive will be much faster if you use SSD M2 or NVME 256GB -512GB capacity.
How to lookup the best desktop computer for video editing
Back in the old days, the only way you could edit your analog video was by using cutting machines that were huge and heavy, and unbelievably expensive. You needed a team to operate all the Video Editing machinery.
With modern-day computers, digital video, and the speed at which Computer Technology is evolving, anyone can be a Video Editor, at least from a technological standpoint.
It doesn’t matter if you are editing your birthday video, a documentary for a local wildlife broadcaster, a commercial for that company’s washing machine, or are editing a Hollywood feature film.
There are Computers and very specific kinds of hardware components for anyone and every kind of budget.
The size of a desktop computer also means manufacturers can fit in more powerful components than you’d usually find in a laptop. That means if you want to, you can get a desktop computer with a discrete graphics card (rather than one integrated into the central processor), which is useful if you’re doing very intensive editing – including video editing.
Which is the best Desktop computers for video editing Should I Consider Buying?
If you don’t want to spend a ton of money, check out the HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC Computer. This computer can be used for both music production and video editing. A perfect blend for you.
If you want a gaming computer, we suggest the CUK Stratos Micro Business Desktop. This has all of the power they need to play their favorite games and is still good for working as well.
If you want a small-sized computer for your desk, the Dell XPS 8930 Tower Desktop is a good choice. It is extremely small, and can easily handle both media streaming and word processors.
If you prefer to get an all-in-one computer, the Microsoft Surface Studio 2 is the way to go. It has a great look to it and saves space thanks to the fact that there’s an entire computer built right into the monitor.
Above are things to keep in mind when building and upgrading a gaming PC, and the list of gaming pc desktops worth buying in 2021. I wish you to choose for yourself the most suitable product.
- Best Desktop Computers For Photo Editing