With detailed reviews from 11,249 customer reviews, WeLookUp has chosen 5 popular products to review for the best desktop computer for coding. We are going to take a good look at each of them to determine what exactly it is that makes them the best in this price range. Let’s take to learn the top brands loved by consumers: DELL, ACER, MSI, HP.
Top 5 the best desktop computers for coding reviews
When it comes to desktop computer for coding, we have a variety of over-whelming options. We’ve compiled a list of the best desktop computers that feature high value, good quality parts, and amazing support. Following is our roundup of the best desktop computer for coding:
- The Quadro P2200 is the perfect balance of performance, compelling features, and compact form factor delivering incredible creative experience and productivity across a variety of professional 3D applications.
- Intel Core i9 9900K 5.0 GHz Turbo Processor – 8-Core – Turbo Boost Technology, Extended Memory 64 Technology, Hyper-Threading Technology, Virtualization Technology
- NVIDIA Chipset Quadro P2200 with 5GB Memory – The new Quadro P2200 is the perfect balance of performance, compelling features, and compact form factor delivering incredible creative experience and productivity across a variety of professional 3D applications. More detail…
- 9th generation Intel Core processor: Experience a breakthrough in processor performance that delivers incredible in-game experiences and enables crisp, simultaneous live-streaming
- Power to train hard.Let nothing stop you from playing at your best. With the industry’s latest components, micro-ATX compatible upgradability, and a design that you can personalize, the OMEN Obelisk delivers performance to achieve new heights.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti graphics: Breakthrough graphics performance with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti; Powered by the ultra-speed 6GB GDDR6 technology, stream and game smoothly with NVIDIA GeForce Experience and GameReady More detail…
- The HP Pavilion Desktop PC brings the latest technology and reliability from a trusted brand that protects what matters to you most. Because our PCs go through over 230 individual tests, you can be sure you’re getting a powerful, reliable PC that’s going to last.
- ENTERTAINMENT AMPLIFIED: Enjoy listening to the music on your smartphone through your PC’s speakers. Stream music from your smartphone to your PC using Bluetooth(R) technology with HP Audio Stream.
- PROCESSOR AND GRAPHICS: Enjoy an outstanding performance and immersive multimedia entertainment with 4K visuals with a 10th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 Processor. You’ll see the difference in everything you do with excellent Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 performance. More detail…
- The powerful HP ENVY Desktop Computer brings the latest technology and reliability from a trusted brand that protects what matters to you most. Get up to 10x faster performance than a traditional hard drive.
- HYPER-REALISTIC GRAPHICS:NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated memory). Enjoy incredible power to create and game atultra-fast speeds with the all-new NVIDIA Turing architecture, including ray tracingtechnology for unbelievable visuals ( 1 HDMI, 1 DisplayPort, 1 DVI-D)
- FAST PROCESSOR: 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10700 Processor, 8-Core, 2.90 GHz base frequency, up to 4.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology More detail…
- The Aspire TC is the perfect PC to tackle any task. From basic computing to multimedia entertainment, it’s a robust hub for your every computing need.
- 9th Generation Intel Core i5-9400 Processor (Up to 4 1GHz)
- 8GB DDR4 Memory 512GB SSD & 8x DVD-Writer Double-Layer Drive (DVD-RW) More detail…
The first thing you need to know is your needs. There’s no general set of standards for choosing the best desktop computers for coding. The complexity of your project will determine what you need to look for in a desktop computer.
One of the foremost important components in a desktop computer. A CPU is like the “brain” of the machine. It tells other components what to do through electric signals. Unlike other parts, the CPU is less likely to be upgraded for a few years. For that reason, I always advise you choose the best CPU your money can buy.
A faster processor helps you handle projects as well as juggle between multiple programs quicker. I recommend getting an Intel Core i5 or Ryzen 5, you don’t need to update these processors anytime soon. For game developers, you may need something better. Specifically, you need to choose a rig with at least an Intel Core i7 or Ryzen 7. For instance, Dell XPS 8930 and ROG Strix GL10DH fit the bill with their latest generation Intel and AMD processors.
RAM temporarily stores the data while you’re running programs. The bigger RAM a desktop computer has the better it is at multitasking. As the wise saying goes: you can never have too much RAM.
The base minimum for most developers is 8GB RAM. For game developers, it is advisable to get at least 16GB of RAM to get the job done. 32GB RAM or more is even better and you don’t have to worry about upgrading them for a while. Another thing you need to look out for is the DDR type. Most RAMs nowadays come in DDR4, which is faster than the DDR3.
For most web or common developers, you don’t need a GPU. An on-board graphics will help you do the job just fine. You need to pay more attention to the CPU and RAM.
As for game developers or those who perform graphics-intensive tasks, it’s a different story. A high-performance GPU is a must-have for 3D rendering and complex graphics. For the high-end option, choose a desktop computer with Nvidia RTX series or AMD RX 5000 series such as Omen Obelisk or Alienware Aurora R10. For the best desktop computers for programming on a tight budget, you can go with Nvidia 10 series and AMD RX 500 series.
How to lookup best desktop computer for coding
According to some computer experts, building a gaming PC can be very cost-effective as compared to buying a prebuilt one. This is true, but building your own gaming PC is not as easy as it looks. If you aren’t equipped with the skills and expertise in this field, you might end up with a rig that does not meet your requirements. The biggest benefit that a prebuilt gaming PC offers is the convenience. You don’t have to go through the hardware and software testing, go through the manufacturing quality, and do research on the components.
Assembling a gaming PC is not very hard but it is important to have some hardware knowledge as it is all technical. You’ll have to pay attention to the cables and make sure that everything is installed properly. Prebuilt computers save your time and efforts and keep you away from the worries of playing with the cables.
Which Desktop Should I Consider Buying?
Armed with all of the knowledge and decision points above, you’re almost ready to shop. The final consideration is how well a desktop PC performs. We review hundreds of PCs every year, evaluating their features and testing their performance against peers in their respective categories. That way, you’ll know which are best suited for gaming, which is our favorite general-purpose all-in-one, and which is the best if all you need is a small, powerful system you can get up and running quickly.
Though you can get more value by building your own gaming PC from scratch, you must check out our list of the best desktop computers for coding. If we talk about the features and price, all the gaming PCs discussed in this post have only slight differences regarding RAM and GPUs. If you’re on a tight budget but want excellent gaming performance, the HP Envy Desktop Computer is perfect for you. The PC is sleek and stylish and gives good performance at a very reasonable price. This coding PC is the most cost-efficient one on our list.
Above are things to keep in mind when building and upgrading a gaming PC, and the list of gaming pc desktops worth buying in 2021. I wish you to choose for yourself the most suitable product.
- Best Desktop Computers For Photo Editing