With detailed reviews from 1,230 customer reviews, WeLookUp has chosen 5 popular products to review for the best compact desktop computers. We are going to take a good look at each of them to determine what exactly it is that makes them the best in this price range. Let’s take to learn the top models loved by consumers: ASUS, HP, DELL.
Top 5 the best compact desktop computers reviews
With plenty of compact desktop computers on the market, many people find it, changeling, to decide which one to select. Fortunately, today you have clicked the right page. We’ve compiled a list of the best compact desktop computers that include form factor, processor support, onboard features, brand reputation, customer reviews and ratings, price, expansion slots and ports, and SATA support. Following is our roundup of the best compact desktop computers:
- HP 800G1 Intel I5 Quad-Core 3.2 GHz Processor
- 16GB RAM, 240GB Solid State Drive, DVW Optical Drive, Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
- Includes: USB Keyboard and Mouse, WiFi Adapter More detail…
- Everything on the ThinkCentre M720e SFF points to performance. With 9th Gen Intel processing might, plus a huge amount of seamless DDR4 memory, this PC can handle anything.
- The ThinkCentre M720e is built to handle the stresses and strains of any office. This PC also comes with five sustainability and green certifications, including Energy Star and RoHS—making it better for the environment and your pocket.
- Processor: Intel Core i9-9900 Eight Core Processor (16MB Cache, 3.1GHz-5.0GHz) 65W More detail…
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900 Twelve Core Processor (64MB Cache, 3.1GHz-4.3GHz) 65W
- Graphics: AMD Radeon 520 2GB GDDR5 | Wireless: 802.11ac Wireless with Bluetooth 5.0
- The ThinkCentre M75s is equipped with AMD Ryzen processing, plus seamless AMD Radeon graphics and lightning-fast DDR4 memory. That means it can breeze through any task—quickly, smoothly, and efficiently. More detail…
- Corsair One i164 redefines what you can expect from a high performance PC. Incredibly fast, amazingly compact, and quiet, With a sophisticated design that lives on your desk, not under it.
- Corsair One i164 boasts the latest in performance PC technology, with an Intel Core i9-9900k Eight-Core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics and award-winning Corsair DDR4 memory.
- The Zero RPM mode allows for quiet Fanless operation when idle. More detail…
- Eighth-generation 6-core Intel Core i5 processor, Intel UHD Graphics 630 8GB 2666MHz DDR4
- Ultrafast SSD storage
- Gigabit Ethernet and 802.11ac Wi-Fi, The latest version of macOS More detail…
Laptops are great portable computers as you can take them everywhere with you. The problem with laptops is that their upgradability is severely limited. The best you can do is maybe swap out RAM or storage. CPU or GPU are often soldered to the machine so you can’t swap them out. Mini PCs are the solution to this.
These compact computers combine the portability of a laptop with the performance and upgradability of a desktop. With recent advancements, a mini PC also packs powerful specs that you can even do high-end gaming on it. Read more to find out how this is possible and what factors make the best Compact desktop computer.
As the name implies, a compact computer AKA mini PCs take very little space. Thanks to their small size, they could be fit into your bag or pocket; thus, allowing for ease of transportation. Before you buy one, though, let’s take a look at some considerations that will help you make the right purchase.
The first choice you should make regarding compact computers is barebone or ready-to-go. You need to know the difference between these two before buying to make sure you don’t buy one by mistake.
Only basic components such as the case, the process, and the motherboard are included in a barebone kit. The RAM and storage are not included and you have to buy them separately. Due to lacking these parts, its price is cheaper than the pre-configured option. If you have spare parts lying around or want to use a specific component, a barebone like Intel NUC NUC6CAYH is a great choice.
For media streaming or home entertainment purposes, you don’t need a high-specs PC. A basic PC will do the work just fine. Low-end CPUs like Intel Celeron, Pentium, Atom are good as they are powerful enough for 4K streaming and energy-efficient. As for RAM, 2GB is enough for such light usage, although 4GB is better. This Terryza Fanless is ideal for plugging in your TV, forget about it, and just enjoy your favorite movies.
1. What are the advantages of compact PCs over standard tower PCs?
Compact computers have a lot in common with traditional PCs. They both have superior upgradability than laptops, mostly stationed at one spot, and boast considerable powerhouse. However, these are some things that the full or mid-tower PCs can’t keep up with:
- Cost-efficient: Some people just need a machine to handle light task such as media streaming, email, web browsing, etc. they don’t need to pay the full price for a tower PC.
- Space-saving: This is the obvious advantage. With the compact size, these don’t take up much space on your desk or can sit quietly in your living room.
- Portability: Not as portable as laptops but easier to carry around than tower PCs. Some even are small enough to put into pockets or bags.
- Reduced power consumption: You can get your work done with much less power consumed. Thus, the longevity of the components is improved.
2. Which is the Best Compact Desktop Pc?
The best overall compact desktop computer is Apple Mac Mini. This one comes with the latest Mac OS version, up to 512GB SSD and 8GB RAM. It also has plenty of ports and can support up to two 4K monitors and one non-4K monitor. The littlest MAC offers excellent power in a compact design.
A desktop computer will have something for you, whether you need something for gaming, casual use, or intensive content creation. To help you boil down your options, we gathered the best compact desktop computers 2021 has to offer.