With detailed reviews from 3,311 customer reviews, WeLookUp has chosen 5 popular products to review for the best Chromebooks for kids. We are going to take a good look at each of them to determine what exactly it is that makes them the best in this price range. Let’s take to learn the top models loved by consumers: DELL, LENOVO, HP.
Top 5 the best Chromebooks for kids reviews
With plenty of Chromebooks for kids on the market, many people find it, changeling, to decide which one to select. Fortunately, today you have clicked the right page. We’ve compiled a list of the best Chromebooks for kids that include form factor, onboard features, processor support, brand reputation, customer reviews and ratings, price, expansion slots and ports, and SATA support. Following is our roundup of the best Chromebooks for kids:
- Powered by Intel Celeron N4000 (1.1 GHz base frequency, up to 2.6 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
- 14″ diagonal HD SVA micro-edge, Intel UHD Graphics 600; 360° flip-and-fold convertible design
- HP Wide Vision HD Camera with integrated dual array digital microphone Ideal for Kids, Student, Professionals, Small Business More detail…
- The quality of Samsung meets the accessibility of Chrome OS.
- Multiple layers of built-in virus protection guard against malicious malware.
- Delivers up to 12 hours** of battery on a full charge that quickly recharges on a USB-C charger. More detail…
- Rugged body meets Mil-STD 810G durability and has spill resistant keyboard for the perfect Chromebook for the classroom or any accident prone environment.
- Powered by the Intel Gemini Lake Dual-Core Celeron N4000 Processor, up to 2.6 GHz for fast and snappy performance.
- 11.6 inch HD 1366 x 768 touchscreen with anti-glare for a larger screen size and a better viewing experience with 360 degree hinge. More detail…
- This Chromebook gives cloud workers the productivity-boosting features they need to work more efficiently—including a Full HD display.
- 8th Gen Intel Core i3 processor for exceptional mobile performance, and up to 12 hours of battery life!
- Strength, durability and stylish good looks are provided through the 100% aluminum chassis and narrow 0.24″ bezel. More detail…
- The new four-sided NanoEdge display is simply breathtaking with ultra-slim bezels (5mm thin) for a near-borderless experience.
- Featuring a precision-engineered mechanism, the versatile 360° ErgoLift hinge on ASUS Chromebook Flip C434 has a silky-smooth action that holds the display securely at any angle.
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance. More detail…
In modern times, learning to use electronic devices is essential to the development and growth of children. The quantity and quality of computer lessons in school have become increasingly high. Parents and teachers want an affordable option for their children or students. Chromebook is the perfect option, offering solid performance at a budget-friendly price. Now let’s take a look at how to choose the best Chromebooks for kids.
Kids and adults are fundamentally different. Therefore, laptops for children require distinct elements to cater to their needs and growth. There are various laptop brands out there, but Chromebook is certainly one of the greatest laptop choices for kids. Now let’s dig into what are the best Chromebooks for kids.
- Build quality:
We all know that kids may spill water onto the keyboard or drop the device easily because of how fast and energetic they are. For that reason, it’s a good idea to choose durable Chromebooks. The best Chromebooks for kids should be durable with spill-resistant keyboards. On the premium end, Google Pixelbook and Samsung Chromebook 3 are among the most rugged and long-lasting Chromebooks you can find.
You should also choose Chromebooks that are made of metal finish over plastic as they are easier to clean. It is advisable to choose a Chromebook that is in darker colors. But if your kids prefer something more colorful, you can buy a Chromebook shell case to decorate it.
Chromebooks are well-known for their thin and lightweight design. This is suitable for kids as they may have to travel with it from home to school and vice versa. They are mostly available in two options: standard or convertible.
Standard Chromebooks are just like your conventional laptops. This form factor allows you to tilt the screen up to 180 degrees. It is a good start for your kids to get familiar with the feel of using a laptop.
On the other hand, convertible AKA 2-in-1 Chromebooks such as HP Chromebook X360 feature a touchscreen and allow you to fold the device to 360-degree. You can fold the keyboard behind the screen and use the device as a tablet. Alternatively, you can transform the Chromebook into a standing “tent” form. This tent form allows the kids to watch cartoons or movies while leaving the device stand on its own.
in my opinion, the best Chromebook for kids should have as many features as possible. This is to help them get more interested in using the machine and explore everything by themself.
Chromebooks are cloud-based devices. It means that the heavy lifting is done on the cloud, not by the hardware. Therefore, a Chromebook doesn’t need high-end specs to be able to run smoothly. A Chromebook with a Celeron, Pentium, or an ARM processor and 4GB RAM are more than enough to handle daily tasks.
As for storage, 16GB is plenty adequate as Chromebook mostly use web apps. Only Android apps and documents use local storage. Some kids are older or using a lot of Android apps, they need more disk space. The best Chromebooks for kids like them must have at least 32GB or 64GB of storage. HP Chromebook 14 is a solid choice in terms of performance.
1. What are the advantages of Chromebooks for kids over other types of laptop?
Chromebooks are a different breed when compared to other laptops such as Windows or Mac. They don’t have the powerful specs as those laptop brands but they also have their own strong suits:
- Affordability: The majority of Chromebooks cost a lot less than traditional laptops. You can find decent ones at the $200 price range.
- Security: Chromebooks have various strong built-in security features.
- Portability: Being thins and light as they are, you can take them with you everywhere without any problems.
- Speed: Due to their lightweight OS, a Chromebook and boot up within below 20 seconds.
- Battery life: Chromebooks can last more than 6 hours of continuous use. You can use them for a long day at work and when you get home, you still can use them for an extended time.
- Android apps support: This feature expands the functionality of a Chromebook drastically. Now you can enjoy the most popular Android games.
2. How do I childproof my Chromebook?
If you want to childproof your Chromebook physically, you can purchase additional accessories. To protect your device from physical harm, you can buy a case or a cover. Some other stuff you can buy includes a screen or keyboard protector.
If you want to safeguard your child from sensitive or harmful content on the Internet, use parental control. First, you set up a Google Family Link account. Then follow the instructions to implement Parental Control on the Chromebook. Consult the manual or contact the manufacturer for the detailed step-by-step instructions.
All in all, the most effective way to childproof any electrical devices is by providing guidance. You need to teach them the proper way of using and maintaining the device. Another noteworthy thing to do is to explain to them how things work and why they should take a proper approach to use the Chromebook. The best Chromebooks for kids are the ones used correctly and appropriately.
Here we looked at the best Chromebooks for kids. We looked at Chromebooks from various brands as well as with different screen sizes.
Are Chromebooks good for kids? The answer is a big YES. Easy to travel around with, secured software, user-friendly interface, sleek design, etc. all at a reasonable price. Chromebook is suitable for kids and adults alike. I hope this guide has provided you all you need to know to choose the best Chromebooks for kids.